Medium Rare Steak
We used to love ordering steaks at the restaurant until one day we decided to have it for dinner…at home! I was a bit nervous at first because I didn’t want to waste an expensive steak only to overcook them.
When I found out how easy it was to make I now make this so often and it’s a plus because it’s cheaper to buy a quality steak and make it at home yourself.
Ingredients used in this video:
Top sirloin steak
– Make sure you have your steak at room temperature.
– Season the steak with oil and pepper
– Heat a cast-iron skillet or pan over high heat.
– Sear both sides for 2-3 minute long depending on how thick the steak is. The way I do it is two minutes for rare and 3 minutes for medium-rare. Don’t move the steak so it forms a crust on the edges.
– Remove the steak from the pan and let it rest for about 10 minutes. This makes such a big difference…letting the meat rest (before serving/cutting) will make an even tender and juicier steak.
– Season with salt