Steel cut oats are the least processed but the downside to it is that it takes super forever to cook! Yes, super and forever!
I love the texture and the gooeyness of steel cut oats especially when paired with figs, dates and fruits! I love making stuff like this because other than they are easy to prepare, the ingredients are pretty simple and basic.
If you’re like me who has no patience or just don’t have the time to cook steel cuts oats the regular way – you know the ‘how to cook’ instructions on the back of the packaging, follow this simple overnight method. Works perfectly each time!
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil
- Add 1 cup of steel cut oats
- Set the timer for 1 minute
- Turn-off the stove / Cover / Set aside
- Next day: Reheat if you’d like. Add a pinch of salt.
Top it with your favorite seeds, nuts and fruits.